Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Odd couple

     Odd things happen in the world of the modeler, things see during a build, can spark ideas towards a scratch-build somewhere down the road.  Since i started the Cux, I have been switching off my build time with the Nordkap.  In this fashion, I can keep the build logs flowing and keep myself busy between drying times.  The Nordkap is being built in the dinning room, the Cux, in the computer room....the only draw-back to this is when the Cux requires sanding, it has to be taken out of the room....boss's orders.  Normally, I take them to the cellar anyway, especially for the major sanding.  The Cux was on the wooden board in the computer room, drying from the first round of her assembly.  I has switched over to the Nordkap, to do the helm room and more assembly to the housing as a whole.  I had gotten to a point where it needed to dry, so I would place it on the Cux deck to avoid hitting it and knocking it on the floor.  I am also a video game nut and so I jump into a game to fill the time.

     At a later point in time, i had gotten out the camera, intent on taking some pictures of the helm build for my next build log, when it caught my eye.  the silhouette of the Nordkap housing sitting on the Cux frame was unique....to say the least.  I looked at it from one side.....and then to the other..........from above and behind... and then from the bow.  the scale was off, but I think that's what caught my eye the most, the way the rear decking of the housing seemed to fit the shape of the Cux's stern.  I did a slight adjustment to line it up better and snapped a couple pictures of it.  I will keep them, waiting for the time when I am able to reproduce the parts to create a hull and deck, a scratch-build of this idea.......a reality of what I saw.






      in scale, the relation of the housing on such a short deck, wouldn't give much room for a working ship, so it probably would have to be a pleasure boat of sorts......maybe a yacht or something along these lines.  One thing that is an asset for the modeler....a must-have....is a good imagination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment